Rajasthan’s path-breaking Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana – provides for health insurance cover to every family, i.e. all 80 million residents of the state. This universal health coverage scheme will completely transform healthcare segment, throwing up opportunities for private sector across the spectrum of health services.
- Hospitals and Medical Institutions: Super-specialty hospitals, Medical & healthcare institutions, Poly-clinics, small hospitals and Diagnostic clinics & Path Labs.
- Opportunities on PPP Mode: Diagnostic centers, cardiac centers in district hospitals, medical colleges, mobile medical units, health ATMs / kiosks, bio-medical waste management, management and operations of public health facilities.
- Manufacturing: Formulations (packaging, bottling and tableting of drugs), Pharma, Medical devices, Medical equipment
- Medical Education and Research: Medical colleges, paramedical and nursing institutes, skill development programs, research and development laboratories.
- Medical Tourism: Leveraging the state’s strong tourism identity and infrastructure for profitable medical tourism ventures.
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Easy availability of natural resources as key inputs such as Zinc, Guar Gum, Silica, Isabgol, Aloe Vera, Calcite make Rajasthan a good choice for locating pharmaceutical manufacturing units.
Currently, 97 Pharmacy colleges are operating in the State. (2019-20)
Rajasthan is also the largest producer of medicinal and aromatic crops in India.
MedTech – Medical Devices Park RIICO is developing a MedTech at Jodhpur with over 230 acres. The park shall have a dedicated common facilitation centre (CFC) equipped with high quality laboratory and research and development facility. Plug and play facilities are also being developed for expediting the investments and supporting the industry with ready infrastructure.
Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme (RIPS) 2019
- An attractive package of general financial incentives (exemption and subsidies) is available for investors under RIPS 2019.
- Medical & Health being a focus sector, additional incentives are available for investment in the sector.