A major boost to tourism in rural areas to give tourists an opportunity to experience rural life, culture and traditions up close and personal.
Salient Features of the Scheme
- Rural tourism units will be permissible in the area outside the municipal area where the Gram Panchayat is functioning.
- Scheme covers setting-up of rural tourism units such as guest houses, agro-tourism units, paying guests (home stay), camping sites and caravan parks.
- Under this scheme rural guest house, agri tourism units, caravan parks and camping sites projects will be approved and registered.
- Project approval of agro tourism units, caravan parks, camping sites will be done in 45 days. Project construction must be completed within 3 years of project approval. Post completion of project, tourism unit will be registered.
- On receipt of the registration application, the temporary registration will be issued by the Tourist Reception Center within 7 working days, if not the unit will be deemed approved. On the basis of this application, the applicant will be able to operate the unit for 6 months.
- After the temporary registration, the concerned officer will inspect the rural tourism unit within 3 months and inform the applicant to fulfill the remaining qualifications/requirements, which will be completed by the applicant in a maximum of 3 months. After completion of all qualifications/ requirements, registration will be issued by the Tourist Reception Centre.
- The applicant will have to give self-certification that all the documents given for the application are correct.
- Registration and renewal of tourism units will be for two years.
- The facility of online application and payment will be started by the Tourism Department till then offline applications will be accepted.
Benefits of Rural Tourism Unit
- 100% exemption of stamp duty will be provided. Initially 25% stamp duty shall be payable; on submission of certificate of the tourism unit, stamp duty will be refunded.
- 100% reimbursement of the payable and deposited SGST will be done for 10 years.
- Under "Mukhya Mantri Laghu Udhyog Protsahan Yojana" in place of 8% interest now 9% interest subsidy will be given upon loan up to Rs.25 lakh.
- The need for land conversion and building plan approval for rural tourism units is not required.
- Land conversion and building plan approval for rural tourism units is not mandatory
- Promotion of rural tourism in the area under the Forest Department will be done as per the provisions of Rajasthan Eco-Tourism Policy, 2021.
- Projects established by local folk artists and artisans and rural start-ups will be given priority in approval and benefits payable.
Provision for Establishment and Operation of Rural Tourism Units
- Under the Scheme, agro tourist units will be permissible on minimum 2000 square meters and maximum 2 hectares agriculture land, camping units and caravan parks will be permissible on minimum 1000 square meters and maximum of 1-hectare agricultural land will be allowed. However, minimum and maximum plot area has not been fixed for rural guest house in populated/residential areas.
- Rural tourism units will be allowed on 15 feet wide road.
- Rural tourism units will not require land conversion and building plan approval.
- Registration and project approval from respective Tourist Reception Center must be done for establishing and operation of rural tourism units.
- FSSAI license will be essential for the operation of the rural tourism units.
Department of Tourism, GoR will be the nodal agency for implementing the Scheme. For any more information, the applicant can visit the website of the Department or the concerned Tourist Reception Center.