Rajasthan is the largest on-shore producer of Crude Oil and second largest producer of Natural Gas in India.
A 9 MMTPA Refinery cum Petrochemical Complex is being constructed by HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Limited (HRRL) at Pachpadra in Barmer district in the state.
Range of petrochemical products including Polypropylene (1053 KTPA), LLDPE (488 KTPA), HDPE (488 KTPA), Butadiene (150 KTPA), Benzene (137 KTPA) and Toluene (107 KTPA) will be available for setting up downstream industries.
Rajasthan State Industrial Development and Investment Corporation Limited (RIICO) plans to develop a Rajasthan Petrochem Region (RPR) in the vicinity of the upcoming Refinery cum Petrochemical Complex.
Two industrial areas – in Borawas-Kalawa (17 km from the Refinery) and Ramnagar (Thob) (35 km from the Refinery) have already been developed by RIICO. Further, 16 government land parcels of about 2290 ha have been identified in Barmer and Jodhpur districts.
- Pachpadra falls within the influence zone of Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
- It is close to Marwar Industrial Cluster being developed under DMIC
- Direct connectivity to Mundra & Kandla Ports
Rajasthan Investment Promotion Scheme (RIPS) 2019
- An attractive package of general financial incentives (exemption and subsidies) is available for investors under RIPS 2019.
- Investment in Petrochemicals is eligible for additional incentive on making an investment equal to or above Rs. 10Cr.: 5% interest subsidy for 5 years up to INR 2.5 million p.a. or 25% of capital subsidy up to INR 2.5 million.